Kenward House is a alcohol and drugs rehabilitation recovery project offering a supported, structured programme for men in recovery from alcohol and/or drug misuse.
Kenward House is a residential alcohol and drugs recovery project offering a supported, structured programme for men in recovery from alcohol and/or drug misuse.
Following the Recovery Model approach, the therapeutic process uses a range of cognitive (behavioural) approaches combined with a variety of skills development opportunities accessed through the Kenward Trust social enterprise programme.
A personalized 3 to 6 month recovery plan is designed and supported by the resident and his dedicated Recovery Integration Worker. The resident is encouraged to take a high level of responsibility for his recovery plan.
Kenward House offers - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), personal objective setting, sobriety maintenance, education and life skills development within its treatment programmes.
The programme runs 7 days a week and includes:
- Key working
- Person centred recovery plans
- Personal goal setting
- Group therapy
- Workshops delivered by external partners
- Optional One to one counselling (BACP)
- Life skills
- Leisure activities
- Creative and educational activities
- Basic literacy, and numeracy and dyslexia support
- Social enterprise
- Support with reintegration into communities
- A variety of optional evening fellowship meetings
Accommodation comprises of 19 single bedrooms all en-suite rooms, plus two TV lounges, an arts and crafts room, counselling rooms, ‘quiet room’ and an IT suite. There are also a group working areas, exercise equipment, squash court and activities room.
The project team is highly skilled and experienced in supporting individuals through the delicate process of change, within a safe and supportive environment. Residents are encouraged to take responsibility for their own emotions and behaviour and through group working, to positively and pragmatically address former addictive behaviours and lifestyles.
We welcome residents with co-existing mental health and substance misuse issues, and have a community psychiatric nurse as part of the team.
Call us today for more information on 01622 816086/ 812603
Kenward House provides holistic treatment programmes incorporating the following elements:
- Each resident is assigned a dedicated key worker who will work with them to develop an individually tailored ITEP recovery plan and will support them throughout the programme
- Residents will be assisted to identify a set of personal goals and objectives in order to address the specific issues underlying their substance misuse
- Group therapy, which creates an environment safe enough for residents to explore repeating life patterns, move towards new ways of thinking and ultimately, a change in attitudes and behaviour that empower them to achieve a sustained recovery from substance misuse. One-to-one counselling is offered where the resident and support staff consider this to be beneficial in enabling individuals perhaps to move beyond past traumas or address personal issues that contribute to their substance misuse
- Family therapy can be provided (subject to funding) and can be hugely beneficial in resolving and addressing longstanding relationship issues or other tensions between the resident’s immediate family and social networks
- Support in developing and strengthening essential life skills such as anger management, dealing with stress, understanding and managing critical family relationships, assertiveness, rational thinking, problem solving, self-esteem and parenting
- A wide range of activities and opportunities for skills development exist within our social enterprises, e.g. horticulture, catering, hospitality, wood crafts and animal husbandry. In addition, numeracy, literacy, IT and arts & crafts classes are available
- Reintegration to help residents explore the next stage of their recovery, including assessing accommodation, education, employment and other ongoing support needs
Your Move On and reintegration options will be explored during your time at Kenward House, and one of them may be to continue with your recovery within other Kenward Trust projects.
Firstly, we offer a continued structured recovery programme at the Malthouse in Uckfield, for those who would benefit from further support.
Secondly, there is the option to join one of our supported housing projects. These Move On houses offer regular support and you can stay up to 2 years while you remain abstinent and plan your new life, train or volunteer to gain skills. You will also benefit from peer support within the Move On house and through local AA/NA meetings. Men have a choice of three locations: Maidstone, Southborough and Gravesend.
Returning home or moving to other accommodation outside of our services
Equipped to continue your recovery with what you have learnt during your programme, we will always be happy to continue to offer informal support over the telephone or if you wish to make a return visit. We regularly welcome back Recovery Graduates who come and talk to current residents, which benefits everyone. And we encourage Recovery Graduates to tell us how they are doing – we receive many positive stories of lives transformed.
Admissions & Enquiries
To apply for any of our projects, please download and fill in the appropriate forms, or follow the links to apply online. Acceptance is subject to interview and risk/needs assessment. We are able to travel to meet you to do this.