Useful Links

Below, you will find a comprehensive list of links to other local and national services with a focus on drug and/or alcohol misuse and housing.

Drug & alcohol recovery services in Kent

In West Kent, CRI is the current provider of drug and alcohol recovery programmes. Here are the contact numbers for the main offices:

Alcohol service – Gravesend (Parrock Street): 01474 567 581
Drugs/alcohol service in Maidstone (Mill Street): 01622 690944
Drugs/alcohol service in Tonbridge (Castle Street): 01732 370 413

Please visit the CRI website to find out more about appointments and services (CRI West Kent recovery service).

In East Kent, the service provider is Turning Point.

All services are also listed on the KDAAT website’s Getting Help section.

Information and advice

We recommend the following websites as reliable sources.

Agencies supporting families affected by substance misuse

Carers FIRST
Carers FIRST helps carers in Tonbridge & Malling, Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Edenbridge and the surrounding areas. They hold a weekly substance Misuse Carers Group. Look at their Events page for details.

ADFAM National
Support for families affected by drugs and alcohol (search tool and map available). Also runs direct support services at London prisons for families of prisoners with drug problems.
Tel: 020 7928 8898

AL-ANON Family Groups UK and Eire
Helps and supports families and friends of alcoholics.
Helpline: 020 7403 0888 (10am – 10pm)

Families Anonymous
A self-help group based on the 12-step programme for families of drug abusers.
Helpline: 0845 120 0660

National Association for Children of Alcoholics
Addresses the problems faced by children growing up in families where one or both parents are alcoholics or have a similar addictive problem.
Helpline: 0800 358 3456

Parents Against Drug Abuse (PADA)
Support for the parents and families of drug users.
Helpline: 08457 023 867

The Parent Channel: Alcohol – Don’t delay talking about it (video)
A video about what parents need to know and how to approach the subject with children and teenagers.


Other agencies with a focus on alcohol misuse

Many people are unaware of how much they drink. Find facts, advice and tools on this website.

Change 4 Life
An NHS website with tools to help people check their drinking and keep it under control. Includes a unit calculator and mobile drinks tracking app.

Alcoholics Anonymous
Information, advice and support to help people recover from alcoholism. Find your local meeting here.
Helpline: 0845 769 7555 (local rate)

Alcoholic Concern
National agency on alcohol misuse.
020 7395 4000

Alcohol Focus Scotland
Provides information and advice on alcohol issues.
Helpline: 0141 399 8884 (10am – 10pm)

British Liver Trust
Support for adults with liver disease.
Tel: 0870 770 8028

Drinkline – The National Alcohol Helpline
Helpline: 0800 917 8282

Institute of Alcohol Studies
Aims to increase knowledge of alcohol misuse.
Tel: 020 7222 4001


Other agencies with a focus on drug misuse

Cocaine Anonymous
Helps with the personal recovery of individual drug addicts.
Tel: 0800 612 0225; 0141 959 6363 (Scotland)

My Recovery My Choice
‘My Recovery My Choice’ provides clear, unbiased information to those affected by opioid drug dependence and the options that are available to them should they wish to tackle it.

Council for Involuntary Tranquilliser Addiction
Information and support for people addicted to prescription tranquillisers.
Helpline: 0151 932 0102

A drug training, information and publications service for individuals, community groups, health and social care agencies.
Tel: 0870 990 9702

Hope UK
Resources and training events for parents, teachers and youth leaders.
Tel: 020 7928 0848

Mentor UK
Supports those working with young people to implement drug prevention initiatives.
Tel: 01509 221 622

Narcotics Anonymous
Information, publications and support, using the 12-step approach to drug addiction. Find your local meeting.
Helpline: 0845 373 3366

Talk to Frank
Email and telephone support for young people, parents and carers concerned about drugs.
Helpline: 0800 776 600


Other agencies with a focus on alcohol & drug misuse

Information and advice to help individuals and communities manage the effects of drug and alcohol misuse.
Tel: 020 7251 5860

Cyswllt Ceredigion Contact
Information and advice about drug and alcohol abuse. Also offers online email support to people living in Wales.
Tel: 01970 626 470

The Site
Links and articles for young adults about drugs and alcohol. Also provides online email advice service.
Tel: 020 7226 8008

Turning Point
Services for people affected by drug and alcohol misuse.
Tel: 020 7702 2300


Agencies supporting with housing

Based in Canterbury, Porchlight supports vulnerable and homeless people in Kent and Medway. They provide supported accommodation, a homelessness prevention service and a dedicated rough sleeper team as well as services for people with complex needs, young people, ex-offenders and those with mental health issues.
24-hour helpline: 0800 567 76 99

Homeless Link
The organisation represents and supports 500 organisations working with homeless people in the UK.
Tel: 020 7840 4430

Kent Advice Service for Single Homeless People
Run by Riverside ECHG, this service looks to offer support to homeless people within Kent and Medway that are not priority need with their local authority. They offer a helpline on 0345 155 9046.

Admissions & Enquiries

To apply for any of our projects, please download and fill in the appropriate forms, or follow the links to apply online. Acceptance is subject to interview and risk/needs assessment. We are able to travel to meet you to do this.

How to apply »

Register for referrer updates

Sign up for supporter news

Get the latest news from Kenward delivered straight to your inbox.

Get in touch

Kenward Road, Yalding, Maidstone, Kent ME18 6AH

01622 814187

For residenital services, or for weekend enquiries please call 01622 812603